Monday, May 2, 2011

Will you be my bridesmaid? .... Paper Chain



Once Jason and I chose our wedding party, we tried to keep our mouths shut to them so we could do something creative to officially "ask" them to be a part of the party.  I think he ended up calling his side, but I did something a bit different for mine.  It wasn't until after I made the first card that I realized I had to make 5 of them!  Whoa!  Not sure why I didn't include that in my numbers. So, I recruited Jason to help me finish up.  He's such a good sport! Here's my inspiration: Bridesmaid Paper Chain  Since this was our first official wedding craft, it was def a ton of fun to make!  Especially, dressing all the dolls to each of the girls (Kristyn's adorable red hair had to be my fave!).

Supplies:
I large poster board paper  for every two party members (thick enough to be sturdy, but thin enough to fold with ease).
Colored construction paper for hair
Markers
Glue stick
Raffia for decorating (this makes the shipping a bit more expensive if you choose to use this)
Card with note and anything you want them to know about being part of the party
Envelopes



Inside
Back


1. Create your card.  I made a simple front and back design and printed at home.  "Will you be my bridesmaid?" with a hand-written note to each girl was on the front.  Instructions, outfits, important dates, etc.. were listed on the back.

2. Cut the poster paper in half length wise.  Fold accordion style making sure to include a layer for the bride and all bridesmaids.



3. Draw your doll, making sure to draw the arms and/or legs outward to keep the paper connected once you cut.  Also, make sure your doll is not too tall or wide for your envelope (obvious one here..).

4. Cut your shape.  Once again, make sure you leave an area where the layers still connect.

5. Cut dresses and hair styles of the girls using colored construction paper.

6. Draw faces and sign names using a marker
Kelley's kids are part of the wedding, so I included the little ones in her card :)  A for Amber and B for Bailey

7. Tie all dolls and the card together using raffia.

1 comment:

  1. I remember this one, cuz I helped. Your blog looks awesome babe! I love making all the crafts with you. lyb

    ReplyDelete