Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fall Napkin Rings... How festive!! (PB inspiration)

Original: Pottery Barn napkin rings, $6 a piece! 
I work at Pottery Barn and they always have the coooolllest stuff... but Pottery Barn is insanely expensive. Usually I like the smaller things because they're closer to my budget, but I couldn't imagine spending $36 on these napkin rings....

So.. I went to Joanns and found these cool little leaf things for $1.99... that were half off of that, so $1.00, then I used a 15% off coupon for all.  So, I spent like $6 on everything (instead of $6 per ring!!).


 The floral piece was very flimsy at the bottom, so I wanted to strengthen it with floral wire and tape to make it more sturdy like a napkin ring.  I had all this stuff around the house so it made it cheaper, but I'm sure you could use duct tape or something to make it cheaper.  Once I wrapped the wire and the tape, the  piece looked really strange so I had to figure out a way to cover the green....hence YARN!!  So, I covered the bottom with glue and wrapped the yarn tightly around....  wa lah... $1 napkin rings for fall :)

My home made PB napkin rings, $1 a piece.. much better! 
Final product with my fall napkins.  yay ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment